Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 2 and I came back...

So I did it...I came back, updated a few things and I'm playing around a bit more.  I'm not a huge fan of the design thus far, so I'm going to start taking some pictures of my own and creating images.  I just want it all to be so perfect, but it seems like so much work for what it's worth.  And that, my friends, leads me to why I'm doing this in the first place...

This blog is all part of a business plan for The Music Moment studios....Back in October my husband was offered a job in this lovely town of Summit, NJ.  We decided it was a nice place to live, and being near NYC would open up the job opportunities for me...or so I thought.  However, the economy is still horrible here and there really isn't much work in my field, at least not full-time.  I did get a part time job doing music therapy in White Plains, NY (over 1 hour drive, 2-3 hours in NYC rush hour traffic).   But it still just isn't enough...it doesn't pay the bills and it doesn't fill my craving to stay busy and do music everyday.  

So I continue my search...considering all the options available. And after all the research, travel, interviews for jobs I didn't really want, and days spent searching for the perfect job...I've finally realized it is time to do what I dreamed 6 years ago, when I began the process of becoming a certified music therapist.  I'm going to create a music studio and run my own business.  I'll do it the way I want, and give myself the freedom of being my own boss, and I will create my own work.  So I'm diving in head first and hoping for the best. 

I realize it is a HUGE undertaking, and have to admit that I have no clue where to start.  So I'm just starting.   I'm getting a webpage set up, I've designed a logo, and I'm creating a business plan.  This blog is all part of that plan. Once I figure it out, I plan to add a blog on my website.  I will use it for music therapy advocacy and outreach.  And I'll use it to keep people involved in my ventures.  I've even seen blogs used as a networking tool.  Keeping connected and up to date is so important to me, so maybe this blog will also keep me accountable to reading current research and news.   

Once upon a time I was totally against live journals and blogging...I thought they were a waste of time and that too many people shared too much information about themselves and their personal drama.  But here it is...my very own blog...

Thank you for reading! 

(I can't get this line out of my head..."If you build it, they will come."  Fingers crossed, hopefully that is true for building my clientele.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment